#UdtaPunjab – Movie Review
The most controversial movie of 2016 finally released today on 17th June, 2016. Daily we heard news about the movie that it will be banned. Some senseless news like remove all cities name from the movie were daily gossips. It is even heard that Censor Board is asking to remove Punjab from the movie title. Bearing all the controversies, the movie was leaked over internet that will definitely affect its opening.
Udta Punjab movie is touching the most sensitive problem of Punjab that Drugs among youth. It’s a crime thriller movie that deals with drug abuses in many cities of Punjab.
Udta Punjab is directed by Abhishek Chaubey while the story is written by Sudip Sharma. It’s 1st Bollywood movie of Punjabi singer & actor Diljit Dosanjh. The star cast is as follows:
- Shahid Kapoor as Tommy Singh
- Kareena Kapoor as Dr. Preet Sahni
- Alia Bhatt as Kumari Pinky
- Diljit Dosanjh as Sartaj Singh
- Satish Kaushik as Tayaji
The movie starts with a night scene where 3 persons from Pakistan throw a packet over the border wires to the fields of Punjab. We see Shahid Kapoor as a rock star who himself is a drug addict and sings a song (Chitta Ve) with similar lyrics. On the other hand, Alia Bhatt (who is a migrant laborer from Bihar) picks that packet. Both Shahid & Alia are playing role of the addicts in the movie. Diljit Dosanjh is a policeman in the movie and his brother is also a drug addict. Diljit meets Kareena Kapoor who is a doctor, regarding his brother’s treatment.
All the 4 lives are involved around drugs. The movie is showing the actual condition of youth in Punjab like how badly they are trapped by this drug addiction.
My Take on Udta Punjab
I enjoyed the complete movie. I have seen some children taking drugs in Delhi as well. I saw a kid who was around 10 years and was smelling some liquid from his handkerchief. It’s not just a problem to Punjab only but it is wake up alarm for whole nation.
- Shahid and Alia has done exceptionally well in the movie. they are phenomenal in their character.
- Diljit as cop in Punjab Police has done a fabulous role.
- The movie has a great story line.
- The director has chosen best locations as per the scene demand.
- The songs and music are making a great build up in the movie.
- In some scenes, I found those abuses unnecessary. Around 40 times the word Bh*****d is being used by different actors.
- Some of the Kareena’s dialogues are dubbed whenever Punjabi is being spoken.
My Ratings : ★★★★ (4.0/5)
I would recommend all the readers to go and watch the movie. It will not disappoint you. Afterall “Baat Aapki Aur Meri Nahi Hai, Ye Baat Poore Punjab Ki Hai. Poore Youth Ki Hai.“